Monday, February 16, 2009

monday. the first of many growing ups and changes

Apple and Berry pulp from this morning's juice
[So glad we did not put the pulp in the cookies]
The Best Cookies in the world.
So good that we emailed Jamie Oliver to tell him so
Moss. I think of Jay's lovely moss moustache
Near the end of my walk back from bi lo. The weather was perfect for how I was feeling
I never realised our water metre was alive and needed a name
There is rain on its way. If you looked down at the pavement, the ants scurrying were another sign testifying of the oncoming weather


Where we slept and watched Amelie
After dropping a tissue rose, get out of jail free card, a carpark rock and a button into Alec we stopped by a second hand book store


I think it was a bit of retail therapy. We happened to buy chocolate and books. After Jay left. I think it worked
Lil bro no.2's school bag
I discovered that these shoes, despite appearances are quite comfortable to walk at least 2kms in. An accquisition from early Sydney markets. And despite those terrible Rivers ads, these shoes have turned out quite well.
Our beautiful tile floor
Through the wire door. Many adventures lie beyond the mesh. Somewhere, 4 hours away in Canberra there is Jay unpacking.
3 fingers. They long for someting, yet at that precise moment are simply content with just existing peacefully on the tiles
At the Warhope markets me and Jay went halves in this camera. We both saw it and could not leave it. We paid a good $6 each. On Jay's departure she left it in my care






If anyone reading this happens to have a spare spool and some Kodak 120 or 620 film, it would be greatly appreciated if you donated them to us-just comment to let me know:) We really want to get it working and take some photos the old fashioned way. Any developing chemicals would also come in handy. [Grandpa, do you still have your camera + gear like this?]


This is me exactly how I feel on a summer's evening which feels more like an april's evening, having just spent a whole wonderful day with 2 friends after saying good bye to the third. This is simply me lying on the cool tiles infront of the front door.

4am. Next time I say farewell to a friend and intend to run after the car, I will not wear thongs. Today has been...not what I thought it would be. It feels like april. An april evening. A feeling of sun that has been, a left over tinge of the morning's rain and a hint of future rain. A breeze binds it all together. Now we are three. I could think of no better way of spending an early rainy morning than driving over to Jay's house, knocking on her window, being let in and crashing on her blue IKEA couches. The four of us sharing an hour of a kinda sleep before packing the car. Through the darkness I could see their individual and distinctive sillouettes. I never thought I knew what true love was. But when I looked, truely and simply looked at 4.30am this morning at those three figures in the dark, I realised I did know. My heart strings pulled the corners of my mouth into a smile, and opened my tear ducts for just a second, long enough for a 2 lone tears to line my eyes, but not enough to run down my cheeks. These tears were not of sadness.

"if I was crying
in the van, with my friend
it was for freedom"

[Sufjan Stevens;Chicago]


They[the tears] were of happiness. Of times past, present and future.

3 comments:

indi said...

amore
amour
amor

lovelove.

jacspi said...

... they weren't Ikea lounges.

Ess.... said...

whoops. Next time I'm over I'll say sorry to your couches for mislabeling them. Well anyway, they were great cool blue couches.