Friday, February 6, 2009

in the leafy treetops...

Iroh is currently situated at the top of the huge gum in our neighbour's front yard. He's been there since about 9 o'clock. Dad walked out the front door and Iroh saw his chance and made a dash for the open sky. I never was attatched to the bird, but I want him to come back, not only for his saftey (let's face it, little fluro cockertiels were never bred to survive in the wild) but for my brothers'. Jai will be devestated-that bird is his one true love. Even dad looks a bit lost without his little shoulder companion. We've got the cage on the front veranda, in the hope that Iroh decides to fly back home. I don't think I'd miss the bird itself, but rather the happiness and joy and entertainment it brought to our family and especially my lil brothers' lives.

2 comments:

jacspi said...

Oh dear. He doesn't have a favourite food you could lure him down with? (you've probably already tried that, though...) :^\

Good luck Ess. May the Force be with you.

indi said...

If I had a dollar for every time that's happened to us...

Yes, Goodluck.