Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chemistry is frying my brain. Thinking, learning, homework, study...my body is having to adjust from holiday mode. Things I have learnt today:

-when you buy a weekly railpass from another station because your local station does not sell them, make sure you remember to ask for it from your local station to your destination.

-make sure you read the bus timetable properly or else you will miss your bus which actually turns out to be another bus after a certain time and the next one doesn't come until an hour later.

-No matter how tired and hungry you are, it is definitely worth making yourself do your homework and study on the train so when you get home you can crash and have 'me' time.

-How very different I am from the average person. Will I actually be able to find friends as like minded as Indi, Jacspi and Eru at Uni? Friends whom I find it easy to just be me around and open up?

3 comments:

Jac's Mum said...

Yes, you will find good friends. Chin up, catch people's eye, smile -> take it from there. There are lots of friendships to have in life - just some you grow more than others. But you do have to look for them.

indi said...

1. Chemistry was bound to fry your poor brain, and I don't envy you. A bridging course must be horrendously intensive. But hold on there, and I know you'll get though awesomely anyway - you have a tendency to do that :P

2. Public Transportation is a death trap.

3. We are different. But there has to be others. You'll find new friends, and even if they aren't like us - well, They'll be special in other ways, and then you can always get your crazy-dosage from us.

Much love Ess

Jac's Mum said...

Jac's cousin K8t is doing the bridging course with you. There you go - instant friend. Long brown hair, fair skin, freckles, about Jac's height, skinny shoulders. Doing the straight Physio degree. I could tell you her last name, but I won't. Your mission is to find her, even if it involves making a fool of yourself to do it. Oh, and that's another tip I have for making friends. Forget yourself, your fears, worries about how you look, what people are making of you. All that stuff is like carrying too many shoulder bags - they get in the way when you are around people.