Wednesday, June 16, 2010

whole heartedly-imagine if each task faced was approached this way...


Ess in the tree tops Above as photographed by CLeb age 11

My neuro flashcards!

'Love story meets Viva la Vida'




Alright! Just bout to go rest my weary head-it's ironic though, that it's taken me all day to get motivated for study and when I'm just getting into it it's time for sleep. lol-gotta love the ironies of life. Listening to 'Love story meets Viva La Vida' by Jon Schmidt and it is amazing! It is beautiful to watch musicians who truely feel the music. I realised how much I desire to play as they do. Right on top of my future home list is a grand piano and I want to strive to deserve to play it. I just need to make the decision, make the commitment, create a plan and get to work.

I did wake up at 5.30am, I did do my scripture study, run, shower, biomechanics, painted some postcards for Indi....and eventually started my neural pathways flashcards (almost done-just need to add colour to a few). I climbed trees, shot arrows at my lil bro, threw massive sticks at him to deflect with a staff....I did go off track during the middle of the day, but I found my way back-thanks to something my mama said to me before she went out. "Ess, whatever you do tonight-be it study or not studying, do it with your whole heart."

My phone went missing on saturday. I felt so at peace, full of forgiveness and love for the person it went walkies with-even a touch sorrowful because that would be a black mark against them. I wanted to find them and give them the phone so they wouldn't be a thief. I checked my myvodafone account today and discovered I had a list of phone numbers they'd called-I wasn't sure what to do. I now had the power to find them, possibly get my sim card back if they were willing to post it (they'd already used up all the credit). Thoughts of wether I should turn them in or let it go clouded my mind. Possibly play a part in stopping them from stealing another person's phone. I felt confused. But then I remembered how peaceful I'd felt on saturday evening when I'd accepted what happened and simply let go-moving on with life. And so, that's what I'm doing. moving on. We cancelled the sim, transferred the number to a new one. It was half my fault for leaving it where I did. I gave them the opportunity, and their fault was in taking it. 5o/5o responsibility. I've learnt from this experience-listen to those quiet seemingly unimportant promptings which drift as brief thoughts across your mind. It would've be cool if my friends' messages asking them kindly to return it, had been heeded. I'm also touched that my sister actually cares as well. It was nice to see people I didn't know, people I'd just met and old friends show concern and help look for it on sat even. And it's interesting being without a phone. Everytime I go downstairs to my room, I have to remind myself not to look for the tell tale flashing blue light indicating a received message.

ok, quickly, tomorrow's plan. Wake up early, prayer, scriptures, run, shower, brekkie, biomechanics-wk 11+13 tutorials, neuro-finish flashcards, start on cranial nerves; front yard battles with Cleb, prepare for friday (get money out for train ticket, make lunch, pack bag), early to bed as exam #1 is on fri!

Several quotes to ponder on:

-" Not understood. We gather false impressions
And hug them closer as the years go by...
O God, that men would see a little clearer,Or judge less harshly where they cannot see!'
(Thomas Bracken)

-"O man, forgive thy mortal foe,
Nor ever strike him blow for blow;
For all the souls on earth that live,
To be forgiven must forgive,
Forgive him seventy times seven;
For all the blessed souls in heaven
Are both forgivers and forgiven."
(Alfred Lord Tennyson)

-" To be wronged or robbed, is nothing unless you continue to remember it."
(Confucius)


No comments: