Friday, January 30, 2009

a letter to you...

wish you could be here with me. Outside in the front yard. The sun's nearly gone down. A cool summer evening breeze makes its way from tree to tree, rustling the leaves. It's dark, yet not night. The moon smiles from the sky, one lone star north-west of it. The trees and bushes have become ebony sillouettes. The sky is a gradient of oranges and blues. My jar of green pencils is afloat in a sea of grass. 'My' camera partly hidden beneath my black pirate bag. The mozzies are out but I can not see them, just sense them. Next door's Narnia lamps have just turned on, shining their light in the not yet night. I wear my lovely big over sized comfy cotton sweater accquired at last saturday's markets. I feel safe within the folds of fabric. My legs are protected from the wind with our red checked sleeping bag. I have watched the sun go down, or rather I drew whilst it sunk into the hills on the not so far horizon. My mind keeps wondering to you. My thoughts are with you. My heart's there too. It's darker now. I can hardly see the keys I am typing. It happened all so quickly. Wish we could stay out here together. But I know the time soon cometh where I will close my mac book, put the camera in my bag next to my jar of green pencils, sling it over one shoulder, the sleeping bag over the other, laptop under one arm, and walk back inside to where my brothers are watching National Treasure number 2. The sleeping bag will be returned to my room, the rest probably to the Big Table where my portrait 'studio' is currently set up. I may make an ecco. I may sit down and watch the end of the movie. But my thoughts will occasionaly return to the outside, the outside where I can almost feel you. I can now see the mozzies' sillouettes when they fly infront of the screen. Night is almost fully here. But not yet. A moment longer in this world I long to stay in. Perhaps this is what they call a twilight zone. That sereal moment between sunset and night. An ant is exploring my desktop. I love cool summer nights. Wish you were here with me. Wish you could see what I see. Feel what I feel. One day. One day. Night is coming. The dark is spreading thicker. But I am not scared. I have the memory of you and my sweater. The breeze is getting stronger as it plays with the hair framing my face. The breeze is now a wind telling me to go inside. Night is here.
love me.

2 comments:

indi said...

N'aw. Much love, dear Sera.

indi said...

(also, it reminds me of Inkheart)